3D modeling, 3D Printing & Micro-manufacturing Lab
@ University Health Network
Bringing the power of 3D imaging, modeling & 3D printing technologies to the front-lines of healthcare, research & education.
Our programs include:
- Clinical 3D Printing & Related Services: modeling, printing and micro-manufacturing
- Educational Resources & Events
- Procedural Simulators & Phantoms: Open-source development and manufacturing of high fidelity, multi-modal simulators & task trainers tailored to curriculum objectives and plan.
- Medical Devices: Open-source development and evaluation of essential medical devices
- Research on applications of perioperative imaging & 3D technologies to improve outcomes and safety of medical procedures
Creation of 3D digital models from mechanical parts, CAD files and medical imaging (CT, MRI, 3D Ultrasound).
Rapid turn-around 3D printing services with a wide range of printing technologies and materials. For prototyping and small scale manufacturing. Automated process monitoring available.
Development of high fidelity multi-modal simulators & task trainers based on medical imaging data, tailored to specific curriculum and educational objectives. Task trainers with tactile fidelity can be manufactured at low-cost to represent a wide range of normal and pathological variants based on real cases.
Patient-Specific Surgical Planing Models
Creation of 3D models from medical imaging data to assist in planning surgical procedures. Models can be 3D printed or visualized in a variety of modalities such as on-screen rendering, animation, augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR).
Part Design & Micro-Manufacturing
Design, prototyping & manufacturing of custom labware, mechanical parts, medical devices using a variety of techniques and materials: 3D printing (thermoplastics, photopolymers, powder and others), Laser cutting, Casting (plastics, silicones and gels), Circuit printing, electronic prototyping & mechatronics.
Senior Medical Technologist