3D modeling, 3D Printing & Micro-manufacturing Lab
@ University Health Network
We work on bringing the power of 3D imaging, modeling & 3D printing technologies to the front-lines of healthcare, research & education.
Our programs include:
- 3D Printing & Related Services: modeling, printing and micromanufacturing
- Education in perioperative imaging, 3D modeling and printing
- Research in applications of perioperative imaging to improve outcomes and safety of surgical procedures
- Development & manufacturing of high fidelity simulators and task trainers for medical education and surgical planning
- Open-Source development and evaluation of essential medical devices.
Creation of 3D digital models from mechanical parts, CAD files and medical imaging (CT, MRI, 3D Ultrasound).
Rapid turn-around 3D printing services with a wide range of printing technologies and materials. For prototyping and small scale manufacturing. Automated process monitoring available.
Patient-Specific Surgical Planing Models
Creation of 3D models from medical imaging data to assist in planning surgical procedures. Models can be 3D printed or visualized in a variety of modalities such as on-screen rendering, animation, augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR).
Simulation & Task Training
Development of high fidelity multi-model simulators & task trainers based on medical imaging data, tailored to specific curriculum and educational objectives. Task trainers with tactile fidelity can be manufactured at low-cost to represent a wide range of normal and pathological variants based on real cases.
Part Design & Micro-Manufacturing
Design, prototyping & manufacturing of custom labware, mechanical parts, medical devices using a variety of techniques and materials: 3D printing (thermoplastics, photopolymers, powder and others), Laser cutting, Casting (plastics, silicones and gels), Circuit printing, electronic prototyping & mechatronics.
Industrial Designer, Modelling Technician
Research Assistant, Radiology Technician